Welcome to the Buy Local First Participating Business’ Onboarding Page!
The annual Buy Local First campaign is back again this year from Nov. 26 – Dec. 24 with another great opportunity for businesses and community members to join together to support the local community and economy this holiday season.
From handcrafted gifts to delicious locally made food and drink, game / play spaces to fun tours and other activities, our neighborhood businesses provide the perfect opportunity to shop locally. We are excited to help support and promote all these wonderful local businesses in our community!
Buy Local First continues to educate consumers on the positive impact that buying local has on the community. Making a local business your first choice for holiday shopping:
- Supports locally owned independent business and people who are a part of our community
- Keeps more money in the local economy
- Provides stability by minimizing the chance that a company or business will pull up stakes and move to another town
- Helps a community retain its unique character
- Promotes sustainability by decreasing transportation costs, reducing the use of underpaid labor, and rewarding those who are not outsourcing jobs
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Local Businesses — Sign Up to Participate!
Local businesses, producers, and makers of all kinds are invited to sign up to be a participating business in the Buy Local First campaign. Participating businesses are encouraged (but not required) to create a special offer, discount, activity, prize drawing, etc. for Buy Local First inspired shoppers. Please fill out the PARTICIPATION FORM to sign up as soon as possible to submit your business’ information.
We are eager to promote your business on the Buy Local First social media pages (Facebook and Instagram), via email to prior Buy Local First shoppers and in collaboration with our partner organizations. All participating businesses will also be included in the Buy Local First interactive map, Actionbound game, and will be featured on the Buy Local First website.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Buy Local First Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time if you have questions.
This Year Buy Local First is Giving Away a $250 Gift Card to the Grand Prize Drawing Winner to the Business of Their Choosing!
And that business could be yours!
The Corvallis Sustainability Coalition is donating the cash for this drawing – meaning there is no monetary investment from you, our participating businesses!
We just ask that when you sign up your business that you fill our the Google Form as fully as you are able!
How the 2021 Campaign Works
Participating Consumers can get involved with the Buy Local First campaign in two ways:
- Join Buy Local First’s email list to stay up to date at corvallisbuylocal.com
- Take a photo at a participating business and share on Facebook or Instagram with #buylocal2021
Buy Local First is sponsored by the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, Corvallis Chamber of Commerce, First Alternative Co-op, and RemarkableArts.
How Your Business Participates:
- By FILLING OUT YOUR PARTICIPATION FORM!
- Hosting a POSTER somewhere in your store or place of business where consumers playing the BLF Passport Game can take their selfies to post on Buy Local First’s social media
What’s on the Form?
We ask for the following information:
- Your name & email address
- Your Store / Business Name
- Your Business Website URL (or Primary Social Media page)
- Your Special Offer during BLF
- Its Details
- Your Store or Business logo
- 2 Additional Images directly related to your business